“Inaugural Light of Peace Event in the Philippines: World Peace through Inner Peace”
On ze 24th of May, I went to the University of the Philippine Visayas campus in Miagao City.
Since this was just my 2nd time flying a lantern, I have never seen lanterns this many “lit and set free” at the same time. Well, Talk about Mind F*ck (Excuse me) 😀
(For more details about the Event: ( Inquirer Visayas , World Record Academy )
Anywhoo, I brought Enrique (canon 10d) along w/ me, but those “ERROR 99” just won’t stop plus the fact that the mirror inside keeps on getting stuck and closing. I even brought my film cameras which I had later realized that the event would start at around 6PM it would be fine if I had those high ISO rolls with me..
All I had were ze 200’s and one B&W 400.. This was such a huge BUMMER..
So in the end I borrowed my friend’s (Kat) dslr and volunteered to take their pictures.. Thanks KAT! 😀
I have taken too many blurry pictures, too many of my friends’ pictures.. and I have even reached the point of forgetting the feeling of being there.. 😦
But the fact that I was there and being one of the “15thousand” who helped break the record was enough. (Hihihi)
Camera Used: (Canon EOS Rebel T1i/Canon500D)
I hope you enjoy a few of my photos on that day.. 🙂
– Aenri (Aah-Yen-Ree)
- PH lits up Guinness for most sky lanterns flown simultaneously (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- World Peace and the Guinness (pinoytravelog.wordpress.com)
- Lantern record sought in Philippines (bbc.co.uk)
- Philippines Breaks Record on Flown Sky Lanterns!!! (mindanaoinsider.wordpress.com)
- Sky Lanterns (and some inner peace stuffs) (smokebear.wordpress.com)
- Philippines lit more than 15,000 sky lanterns for a new Guinness World Record (pinoychizmiz.wordpress.com)
- Philippines sets new world record for lanterns (gulfnews.com)